Sunday, February 14, 2016

SCALIA, OBAMA, AND THE SUPREME COURT

The media is filled with stories about what a wonderful justice Scalia was. I am here to tell you he was not a wonderful justice. He was the epitome of what is wrong with the Supreme Court of the United States. I do not have to point out a series of cases to make my point because everyone knows what I am saying. He was a radical politician and not a fair justice. He was not there to decide what Congress wanted any more than this current Congress is there to decide what the people in this country want. Like the Congress he was bought and paid for by the plutocrats. I look at him as an employee of the Koch brothers. We all know who they are and what they want. I am here to tell you it is not want “we the people” want. We knew what he was, just like we knew what Alito was before he was appointed and approved for the court. The people who are responsible are all of those who were responsible for putting him on the court, including political operatives. And now we have the liberals, including me, asking President Obama to name a radical left winger to the Supreme Court, which makes my point; the system is broken. What is worse, I am part of it and I have no idea of how to fix it. My mother drilled it not my head not to say anything about someone if you cannot say something nice. In addition, she always told me not to criticize something unless I had an idea of how to do it better. I feel as if I am a double failure this morning because I think Scalia, the justice that gave us George W. Bush, should rot in hell and our system for naming justices is broken. URL: firetreepub.blogspot.com Comments Invited and not moderated

No comments:

Post a Comment