Saturday, January 16, 2016

EMOTIONAL RESPONSE TO TRUMP

A reasoned analysis of political activity and behavior has been one of my major interests throughout my lifetime. Clearly, this is a legacy of my mother. My father treated politics with emotion while my mother used a reasoned approach to politics. That is not to say she did not allow emotion to enter her thinking because she believes in certain things with passion. Largely, she seemed driven by empathy but had the ability or intellect that allowed reason to judge her responses to that empathy. Even though I was a child, I realized that she seemed to be on a roller coaster during the Second World War. Now, all those years later I seem to be on a similar roller coaster over the political situation in the United States. I go from wanting to do real harm to Republicans to tolerating some of their positions just as it was between killing Japanese and Germans and treating them humanely. How does on kill someone else humanely? I have identified certain Republicans and being dangerous to the politics of our Nations. For me, these people fall into categories. For example, there are dishonest political operatives such as Carl Rove, who I feel the political world would be much better without in contrast to Grover Norquist, who is probably more dangers to liberal causes, but there is a certain amount of honesty, perhaps sincerity is a better word, to his proclamations. Among the current Presidential candidates, I see the same divide. There are Ohio Governor Kasich and Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, who, in my mind, are the honest negotiator for the job of president. These men stand in contrast to people like Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum, who are no more than evangelicals who have their collection plates in mind. Fiorina and Carson are just there for the headlines. I consider Donald Trump as being dangerous for America. He wants to change America politics in a basic, disruptive, and unreasonable way, which is in contrast to Bernie Saunders and Rand Paul, who want to change American politics in different but reasonable ways. Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton, Marco Rubio are the usual “every day” politicians. Each has their good points and bad but acceptable points. I consider all of this in the manner I think my mother would; however when I think of Donald Trump as president, I revert to the ways of my father; all I can do is curse. URL: firetreepub.blogspot.com Comments Invited and not moderated

No comments:

Post a Comment