Sunday, September 20, 2015

BURKA AND BIKINI ON A MOTORCYCLE

The Burka is a full body covering or a niqab is a veil for the face that leaves the area around the eyes clear. However, some women wear a niqab with an eye veil. In nay case, how should I interpret what I see? The simplest and most truthful is to say I see a Muslim woman—period. We sometimes defeat ourselves in arguments in such a subtle way that we do not realize what we are doing. For example, what if I were to say I saw a woman on a motorcycle wearing a hijab or a niqab that is a headscarf and veil often worn by Muslim women. Tough looking, leather-jacketed, “hog” riders would see that as being in conflict with the American or Canadian flag on their backs or sleeves or their patriot flag waving loyalty to their countries. They would not believe what I said I saw. What should I believe about them? They want to make themselves look like someone we should fear. The club names on their jackets have the same connotation. Should I believe they are tough guys who will beat us up if we dare to cross them or should I believe that they actually are well educated, sophisticated physicians and dentist who enjoy the freedom they feel from being on a motorcycle exposed to the elements. This is equivalent to a hijab or a niqab-wearing woman wearing a Bikini on the beach. The point I want to make is that we can believe what we want to believe when we see these conflicting things. Now I will ask the question again; how should I interpret what I see? When you ask me to ban burkas, or show pictures women immigrants wearing burkas, what are you asking me to see? When you show pictures of tough guys on motorcycles with the threatening challenge, “Don’t tread on Me” boldly emblazoned on their jackets, would you object to my asking the government to ban motorcycles. No creo que si. URL: firetreepub.blogspot.com Comments Invited and not moderated

No comments:

Post a Comment